HEALTH AND SAFETY AND ADDITIONAL MEASURES RELATIVE TO COVID-19
Health and Safety
INFORMATION FOR MANAGING HEALTH AND SAFETY DURING THESE UNPRECEDENTED TIMES
Health and Safety is the responsibility of everyone If you see something which you consider a potential danger please take your concerns to Richard immediately.
1. There are two coal forges and three gas forges. Instruction on how to use these safety will be given before you use them.
2. Each workstation is set two metres from the next.
3. Each workstation has identical sets of tools. Should you wish to use any other equipment, ie the power hammer, Richard will turn this on and off for you.
4. A PA system has been installed so students can stand apart and clearly hear when Richard is talking and demonstrating.
5. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be single use only, other than safety goggles which are always sterilised after use. The gloves provided will be yours to take home, as will the individual packs of hand wipes provided. (Should you wish to bring you own safety glasses please do so, but note that these must be worn at all times).
6. There are sufficient mugs for each student to have a clean mug at each beverage break, and individual bottled water will be available throughout the day. Should you wish to bring your own mug please do so.
7. Please bring your own packed lunch.
8. Washing and toilet facilities are available and we will give instructions on keeping these clean and sanitised after use
9. For your own safety, and for that of your fellow students (and Richard of course) would you please bring and wear a face mask. We will have a few available for those who don’t have one.